An "Amazing HR Race" starts August 24-25 in LaVista, Nebraska when hundreds of human resource professionals from throughout the Midwest gather to learn from some of the nations top speakers and HR partners.
The conference will engage and inspire people involved with human resources whether a veteran or new professional. Valued presenters will challenge participants to develop their skills professionally and to help them ensure their employers is compliant with HR practices. HR leaders are also tasked with understanding culture, emotions and balance with their workforce.
Long-lasting professional relationships are invaluable during networking opportunities and exhibitors and sponsors welcome conversations about products and benefits HR people would appreciate.
Certification hours are weaved into the event so HR professionals can continue their education and certification. Stay tuned to this website for updates on our world-class conference!
Conference programs have been submitted for PDCs for the SHRM-CPSM and SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
These sessions have also been submitted for HR CREDIT from the HR Certification Institute. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR CertificationInstitute of the quality of the program. It means that these programs have met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
Thursday, Aug. 24
- 8-9 a.m.
- Ballroom Keynote - DeDe Mercer-Moffett Leadership & Influence 7 Strategies for Success (THANKS TO SIMPLY WELL FOR SPONSORING!) 9:30-10:30 a.m.
- Dapper 2 Room - Dan Riordan Energy Management - Talent Acquistion and Retention
- Dapper 1 Room - Kelli Lieurance If it Walks like a Duck, Quacks like a Duck, it’s a Duck! Recent Developments in Employee Misclassificiation
- Dapper 3 Room - Joel Zeff The Tao of Teamwork: Chemistry,Trust and Risk Taking
- Gatsby Room - Andy Neary Striking out of the Status Quo, 3 Ways to Crush your Healthcare Out of the Park ∆ Fedora 2 - Aaron Clark Final Test Prep - HR Career Development
- 11 a.m.-noon
- Dapper 2 Room - Josh Erickson Managing the Engagement Cycle
- Dapper 1 Room - Chad Richter The Top 10 Compliance Habits HR Should Consider under the Trump Administration
- Dapper 3 Room - DeDe Mercer Moffett How to Reduce Workplace Anxiety and Increase Personal Productivity
- Gatsby Room - Elise McHatton Stress and Sleep: What’s the Connection and Why Does it Matter?
- Fedora 2 - Tracey Fricke MINDFULLNESS for the HR Professional 12:30-1:30 pm. ∆ Ballroom Keynote - Dr. Tracey Wilen 2-3 p.m.
- Dapper 1 Room - Margaret Hershiser Conducting Internal Investigations ∆ Dapper 2 Room - Dan Riordan The Basics Matter
- Dapper 3 Room - Lora Lossi Overcoming Job Burnout ∆ Gatsby Room - Matt Roma Medicare - The Basics
- Fedora 2 - Bonnie Balisteri Up your Professional Image in the Workplace
- 3:15-4:15 p.m.
- Ballroom Keynote - Joel Zeff Watch what Happens when Work Becomes Play
- 5-7 p.m.
- Networking Reception
Friday, Aug. 25
- 8-9 a.m.
- Dapper 3 Room - Ronnie Thomas Necessitating Leadership Starts with People First
- Dapper 1 Room - Scott Moore Key Employment Law Developments and Trends
- Dapper 2 - Suzanne Ritchie Building Trust and Ownership with Employees
- Gatsby Room - Craig Spilker Total Rewards
- Fedora 2 - Kim Brammer HR Career Development
- 9:15-10:15 a.m.
- Dapper 2 Room - Sal Balistreri Unique Executive Recruiting Insights for Today
- Dapper 1 Room - Pam Bourne Managing Poor Performers
- Dapper 3 Room - Kyle Price Coach Employees to Higher Levels of Performance
- Gatsby Room - Dave Wirks Transforming Health Care - A Look to the Future
- Fedora 2 - Aaron Clark Final Test Prep
- 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Dapper 2 Room - Sara Roberts Candidate Success Profiles: Evidence-Based Talent Acquisition
- Dapper 1 Room - Mike Welna IT Security ∆ Dapper 3 Room - Kim Brammer The Unexpected Bully
- Fedora Room HR Career Development
- 12-1 p.m.
- Ballroom Keynote - Craig Zablocki Changing Times Demand Innovation
- 1:30-2:30 p.m.
- Dapper 2 Room - Mike Henke Innovative Onboarding
- Dapper 1 Room - Mark Segerstrom Developing a Road Safety Program: Impact on Employee Safety and Employer Liability
- Dapper 3 Room - Cathy Fox Beyond Bereavement Leave: Grief in the Workplace
- Gatsby Room - Cara Kirsch & Patrick Fay Your Workforce is Changing...Are your Total Rewards?
- 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Ballroom Keynote- Craig Zablocki The Intelligence of Fun and Big Picture Imagination
2017 CONFERENCE HOTEL
Participate in the conference with first class accommodations at Courtyard by Marriott Omaha-La Vista, 12560 Westport Parkway, La Vista, NE 68128. Call Courtyard at 402-408-5460.
SHRM Nebraska has loaded the guestroom block and your attendees can start booking their reservations by calling the Courtyard at 402.339.4900 and requesting the SHRM NEBRASKA STATE CONFERENCE block.
Your guest’s group code is SHR We have created a web link that your guests can utilize to make their guest room reservations. You can place it in invitations and link it to the event website or a Facebook page. Your guests can then make their reservations through the internet and are guaranteed they will be quoted the negotiated group rate we have for your guests.We recommend using either Internet Explorer or Chrome to book reservations
Book your group rate for SHRM NEBRASKA STATE CONFERENCE
Your guests will have until July 31, 2017 to make reservations at the discounted room rate. After this date, any remaining guest rooms will be released back to the hotel to sell. Anyone calling after that point will be told that the block is unavailable and offered our standard nightly rate.
2017 SHRM Nebraska Conference Sponsors